Monday, October 19, 2009

Google








I sort of ran into Google whilst living abroad and discovering there that all the cool people I knew, especially from US, used Gmail. So I at last switched from my Planet Internet account - that charged me for it - to free and much more state-of-the-art Gmail. Then I discovered YouTube, Maps, Docs, Calendar, Blogger, Android, Picasa and so forth... I have a very strong belief in Google simply because I am their standard customer and a very satisfied one. I think the Internet is in a relatively early stage of development in the history of evolution of mankind and that they understand what that means better than anyone else out there. Besides of that, they have unlimited resources because they earn shiploads of money. So I think Google is to stay for a while, the dominant party in the most pristine and promising field of the global economy: the Internet. In the near future I think applications like Google Voice (telephone) and Google Wave could be big hits. The open source Android operating system could very well become a fierce opponent for the iPhone.

I don't have actual shares  because I think they can handle some leverage. So I bought trackers called "sprinter" issued by ING.  I started buying Google when they traded around $300,-- and accumulated until $ 475. They now trade around $ 500,--. This means Google is valued by the market at 163 Billion U$. Microsoft's at 230 and Apple at 169. So take your pick...

Latest news:



No comments:

Post a Comment